145,795 More EU & Third-Country Nationals Worked in Spain in Last Year, Official Data Shows


2.3 million foreign affiliates workers were registered by Social Security services in Spain – 145,795 more than February 2020 and 6,040 more than in the previous month. In addition, this figure represents 11.47 per cent of the total number of Social Security affiliates in February 2022, the authorities reveal.

According to a press release issued by the official government website, the Social Security registered 2,258,670 foreign workers in January – 35 per cent or 793,839 of which were EU citizens and the remaining 65 per cent, accounting for 1,464,831 came from third countries, SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.

The majority of employed people came from Romania- 331,729 of them, followed by Morocco (289,548), Italy (140,447), China (106,792), and Venezuela (105,093). In addition, the data shows that 56.54 per cent of workers were men (1,277,013), while 43.46 per cent were women (981,657).

The number of foreign workers across all autonomous communities increased except for Castilla-La Mancha and Ceuta, where it dipped by 1.03 per cent and 0.34 per cent, respectively. The rest of the regions recorded increases of more than one per cent, with the Balearic Islands reaching an almost three per cent surge and Cantabria – 1.68 per cent.

In total, 1,867,623 people have a General Regime status, adding 16,192 employed people, 0.87 per cent more than in January 2022. This register includes the Special Agrarian System, with 230,499 employed people, and the Household System, with 164,378.

Although the number of foreign workers dropped in several sectors, Construction and Education marked increases of 4.19 per cent and 2.8 per cent, respectively. In addition, a 2.7 per cent increase was noticed in the Information and Communication sector as well as Energy Supply (2.69 per cent).

As per self-employed foreigners, the number increased by 0.55 per cent in the last month – accounting for 2,131 additional workers, reaching a total of 387,016 workers for the first month of the year.

In the last twelve months, the registry of workers from other countries has surged by 9.96 per cent – accounting for 204,673 more people employed.

Previously, Spanish authorities revealed that the number of tourism workers in the country increased by 15 per cent, accounting for 305,246 more registered workers.

“The good employment figures in the tourism sector show that the protection plan rolled out by the Government to protect businesses and workers, as well as the health management of the pandemic, have proved effective and have allowed us to maintain and also generate new jobs in a key sector of our economy,” the Minister for Industry, Trade and Tourism, Reyes Maroto, said on the matter.

The number of workers with regular salaries in the tourism sector, which represent 79 per cent of the total, surged by 19.3 per cent compared to this year, showing recovery signs of the sector.



Source link

مشاوره از طریق واتس آپ
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on skype
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email

Leave a Comment